OUR EMAIL ID IS email@example.com.
DONATE HAIR-If you intend to donate hair please follow instructions given below
Please note that we have NOT authorised anyone to collect hair.
- Please mail the hair directly to us
- no salon has been authorised to collect hair
Please note that we need 12 inches. UK and US organisations accepts 8 inches. So click on websites in your country at No.12.
Gray, Treated, Coloured (only natural colors, not green , purple etc) and streaked hair is accepted in INDIA. Check sites of other countries below. Click on NO.12 for information.
Please don’t forget to email us the pictures to inspire others to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are mailing hair to us
IF you can cut in front of a crowd, a school assembly, club, office party etc it will help to create awareness . We need awareness more than the hair. Please contact email@example.com if you can. It will take only 5 minutes. Someone has to just cut your hair after making a ponytail. Since we don’t have funds to pay the wig maker please avoid more than 5 donors. Our aim is to make sure hair does not go into the bin.
- Hair must be clean (shampooed and/or conditioned), not oily without styling products, hairspray, or additional hair products
DRY IT (Wet hair will be wasted )
- Gray, Treated, Coloured and streaked hair is accepted. in India .
- Tie hair into a ponytail (you could make four sections (six are even better if your hair is thick and dense) around the head for a more generous donation. Hair that is pulled into one ponytail or braid without making smaller sections or partings results in a loss of up to four inches of hair. To do so, first make a center part. Starting from this center part, part the hair over the top of each ear. This will create four sections of hair. To create four ponytails, tie the hair in front of each ear into ponytails, and then tie the hair behind each ear into ponytails
- Make a ponytail using an elastic band. Ensure the band is tight around the hair to keep the hair together after cutting. If the hair comes out of the band it will not be usable. (A second hair band can be placed around the middle of the ponytail to help keep the hair together after cutting.Use a more bands to keep hair safe.)
- Ensure the elastic band is just below where you want to cut your hair.It is better to braid the hair.
- Measure the length of the ponytail from the elastic band; make sure that the hair is at least 12 inches ie 31 cms (Any length shorter than 12 inches is too short to be used in a ladies wig and cannot be used. (If your hair is not 12 inches, continue to grow your hair out.) If you have more than 12 inches please cut only 12 inches and donate another ponytail next year.
- Cut the hair just above the elastic band such that the band remains on the ponytail after cutting and keeps the hair together. Do not wash or style the ponytail in any way after it has been cut off. You can braid it
- Place the ponytail, kept intact and completely dry, in plastic bag.(zip lock back if possible) Hair that is swept off the floor is not usable. Place the plastic bag with the ponytail in a padded or plastic envelope.Please mention the length on a paper and keep it with the ponytail. Mention the name, email address & mobile number of the hair donor.If you can share the names of the donors, we shall email the personalised e-certificates of appreciation at the email address provided, soon after we receive the hair parcel.
- Residents of India can mail to address given below.
- Madat Trust, 15, Ujagar Industrial Estate, W Patil marg, Deonar Mumbai 400071. Tel no. +91 99877 79639 . Click on https://www.copewithcancer.org/ for information OR Miracle charitable association (Hairbank ), Chelakottukkara thrissur -680005. Phone: no 9847098237 Find information about them at http://hairbank.in/
- Residents of UAE can send to the Pink Caravan/Friends of cancer patients , Sharjah(Supreme council for family affairs ,Dept. of Children Centers Corniche St,Al Qulayaa,Opp Sharjah ladies Club – إمارة الشارقةّ – United Arab Emirates
Friends of Cancer PatientsSupreme Council for Family Affairs – Sharjah, UAETel: +971 6 506 5542Fax: +971 6 506 5502Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgP.O.Box: 61161
Guidelines at http://focp.ae/newsite/programs/locks-of-hope/ They are open 8-1 Sunday to Thursday only.
- Residents of USA can send tohttps://butterfliesbbi.org/ Our aim is only to save hair from the bin.
- People in Philippines can send to https://www.cutsagainstcancer.org/
- People in UK can send to http://www.littleprincesses.org.uk/donate-
- Residents of Pakistan can send to http://www.hairtohelppakistan.com/
- Residents of other countries can keep the hair safe till they go to India.. Hair will last for years if it is kept dry and clean.
- Please email the picture to email@example.com. If you can make a collage with pictures before and after the cut like shown above , it will be nice.Otherwise do send a picture holding hair
- If you need a Certificate– Keep a note along with the hair saying ..Please send a certificate to my email id…….. appreciating ………. for donating hair
- Please DO NOT publish the picture till we upload it on hair for Hope India . You can publish it a day after we publish it on our page.
- Once we publish it on Hair for Hope India page please tag yourself and share it in every group. We need your help to create awareness. Please tag your friends too.
- You could whatsapp it to all groups also a day after we publish it on our page
- If possible take a video of the hair cut and say a few words about why you donated and whatsapp it to us too.
Please do not forget to email a picture. Every picture can inspire hundreds.Email to firstname.lastname@example.org even if you are sending others.
- If you are an NRI from North, West or East India please organise a small event in a school /college or club in your home town during the summer holidays and donate in front of a crowd. We need NRIs to spread awareness all over India since we do not have funds to advertise. A number of NRIs have helped by donating at our events in India. Contact email@example.com.
- The youngest organiser is 10 year old Hima.She advised students to tie a rubber band at the exact point and then arranged a volunteer to cut the ponytail. We encourge all students too to address the school assembly and talk about Hair for hope India.
How to host a hair donation event
- Follow instructions below on how to cut
- to avoid wasting time during the event. during the event the stylist will just cut between the rubber band.
- If there are too many donors it is better to measure and tie the hair before the event and at the main function the stylist or volunteer could just cut above the ponytail.
- styling could be done later after the event.
- Take a picture of all donors holding the ponytail (before putting in the cover0with the banner visible
- Email or message the picture via facebook to Premi Mathew. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you can whatsapp /email a short video from each donor about why they donated.